Fibre Seal is an acrylic and reinforcing fibre embedded waterproofing compound...
Fibre Seal is an acrylic and reinforcing fibre embedded waterproofing compound, forming a highly flexible non slumping liquid applied emulsion. The presence of a long synthetic fibre mixed into the compound, eliminates the need for a separate waterproofing membrane and forms a homogeneous seamless waterproofing system. Fibre Seal is suitable for; narrow parapet walls, tiled roof capping, flashings, properly graded roof decks, lap joints, roofing screws, narrow parapet walls, coping edging, cemented trellis work and many other waterproofing details.
This is not a replacement for wide areas to be waterproofed that might an ability to crack Fibre Seal is most effective in areas were no excessive movement takes place and were the use of a traditional membrane system is too time consuming or in the presence of excessive detail. Fibre Seal is not suitable for areas of long term ponding but in such areas, one should use a Cementitious based waterproofing.
- Total Solids
- Specific Gravity
- Drying Time
- Surface Preparation
- Red, Grey, Black, Blue Brown, Terracotta, White and Green
- Brush or roller , rate of 1 – 1.2L/m2. In areas of significant movement. / can be used in conjunction with a waterproofing membrane.
- 1L/m2 (depending on surface finish)
- +/- 60%
- +/- 1.2
- 150 Krebs Units at 25ºC Soft viscous paste
- (Between Coats) Minimum 30 minutes at 25ºC at 65% R.H. (Last Coat) 8 hours before resistant to rain. (In ponding applications) 7 full rain free days.
- Water when wet. Ethyl acetate when dry.
- Non Flammable
- Surface Preparation All forms of surface contamination must be removed to ensure a smooth surface, free of moisture and any loose material, or any other barrier to adhesion. Steel and galvanized steel surfaces must be free of loose paint, grease, grime, oil and rust.
- Porous non ponding surfaces should be primed with an acrylic bonding liquid or a 50/50 water and FIBRE SEAL solution. On metal surfaces – Prime with Darachem DC4 and allow 4 hour drying time. In ponding applications a slurry priming coat of cement and CEMEX must be used. Apply at the rate of 1L/m2 undiluted FIBRE SEAL and immediately embed the SBP Geo-Fabric into the wet product ensuring no creases or folds in the material. Work the membrane into the FIBRE SEAL using a brush. Product should be evident “striking through” the membrane and if this is not the case, too little product has been applied or the product has been allowed to dry before embedding the membrane.